In this article:
DAY 1: TALKING into a CAMERA
Thursday, July 19, 2018...apparently, this is the kind of thing that happens when Natalie leaves me for more than a day... =/
Okay... so..... this (if I actually go through with it)... is a really uncomfortable self-growth challenge for me.... I kind of hope no one finds this... lol But if I make this private... and not have some sort of accountability.. I likely won't do it past video 1. =/
NOTE TO MYSELF
Jaime, you need to do this... you're 40 this year... and you've talked too many times about testing video creations.... and you just have to understand, no one in the family is yet willing to be recorded... lol... and even though you really don't like being on camera... how else are you going to test creating videos....? You've toyed with figuring out how to share information without showing your face.... but you always come to the conclusion that you don't know if your type of content will be as engaging... but maybe it could be... hmm... maybe you should test that in one of the videos. =)
PS... yea... all of this is super uncomfortable... you'll be fine... like many of your self-help motivators say... "Get comfortable with getting uncomfortable!":)
I’m going to be doing a 30-day challenge.... to upload a video every day. I mostly want to get some experience so I can know what I like or don’t like about creating video content... and to also allow myself to be vulnerable.
I've always been mesmerized by YouTube and social media. My background is in technology training... and I absolutely LOVE sharing information... especially, if I think there's a chance sharing could be helpful for someone.
What I'm hoping to get out of this 30-day challenge
- Get experience being in front of a camera (despite always being HORRIBLY camera shy and actually, thinking that I'd really rather be behind the scenes. The real issue is that I just can't get anyone to be my actor! lol.... so, I kind of have to do it this way... =/ Plus... since I'm so super uncomfortable with it... I just need to do it so I can get over being uncomfortable.)
- Learn the technology tools it takes to create video content (I literally did not know I was going to start this. I mean... I've thought about it before.. but I just didn't know I was going to really start. I just moved and finally got my iMac up on my desk... I started playing with the PhotoBooth recorder... and yea... just wanted to do a test recording myself while talking. =/ :)
Anyhow... I'm the type of learner that needs to DO in order to learn... so there's no better way (for me) to learn video content creator technology tools than to just start using them for a real-life example.
NOTES REGARDING THIS VIDEO
- Video footage recorded on: iMac's Photo Booth app
(Note to self: video was recorded as 720x1080 rather than the usual... likely, this isn't a great solution for recording but I'm glad I tested it.)
- Sound recorded on: iMac's Photo Booth app (which isn't great... I'll need/want to test an external Mic)
- Video editing software used: Final Cut Pro X
- Photos in this video were taken on: iPhone X with no editing or enhancing done to them prior (normally... I would have tried to enhance or make those photos better quality... but just trying to be quick with these tests).
- Photos were automatically sent over to the Photo app on my iMac (I love that the photos from my iPhone are synced to the Photos app on the iMac... that definitely makes it easy to grab photos to use in Final Cut Pro).
- YouTube thumbnail was created on the iMac using Photoshop from Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.
Other notes regarding this video
- Wow—it was SUPER DIFFICULT to record myself and think at the same time. Lol It was also really difficult for me to not get distracted from seeing myself... =/
Thoughts to self on next video
- Hmm... what do I want to test for the next video....? Maybe... still recording from the iMac webcam.... but try using Final Cut Pro X or some other software...?
- And maybe.... recording audio with the Yeti USB Microphone that I have but have never used....? =/
- What would the topic be....? Hmm.... maybe a reaction video style to my first video....? lol... I've definitely been interested in testing recording/editing reaction videos so... maybe that's a good one...? :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a small commission.