In this article:
DAY 2: YETI MICROPHONE
Friday, July 20, 2018
Second day... in some ways seemed much more difficult to do than the first day... eesh... wavering already! =/
See thoughts and notes about this day below video...
Thoughts and notes
(Writing this on Day 3)
I started yesterday day off really strong... I was really excited about getting two things done:
- Testing a different background for the webcam.
- Figuring out how to use the Yeti microphone rather than the internal microphone on the iMac.
I got both of those done... which I should be really grateful for... and I am!
I think towards the end of the day, I got really tired and also had a "moment"... meaning an emotional moment and my energy was just off. I'm needing to write this out so that I remind myself the accomplishments I have. I think I can get so wrapped up into what I didn't like... or what was wrong... that I can accidentally forget to stay grateful for all progress.
Anyhow... so... Day 2 was awesome... I figured a place in the apartment that I like for the background (at least, a good one for using the webcam). And I love the Yeti microphone!
So... other than that... the video is horribly boring... not that the first day was exciting... but this one was painful for even me to sit and watch. But... I have to remember that I'm still getting used to being comfortable in front of the camera so just talking and getting the experience is a good thing.
I started using a "think bubble" on Final Cut Pro X... it's not my favorite look but I just have no idea what I'm doing in the software and since I'm putting a time limit on myself (uploading every day)... I just need to get a think bubble that worked. I'm really starting to think that I likely need to find and get some formal training. =/
I naturally had my first "watch this" moment... but since I didn't really think about it prior... I didn't segue back at all. This is something that I definitely want to test for today... (Day 3).
"Get comfortable with getting uncomfortable!" :)
This is Day 2 of my 30-day challenge.... to upload a video every day.
Notes regarding this YouTube video
- Video footage recorded on: iMac's Photo Booth app
- Sound recorded on: Yeti USB Microphone (https://amzn.to/2zRsWW0)
- Video editing software used: Final Cut Pro X (https://apple.co/2L8kYNz)
- Photos in this video were taken on: iPhone X with no editing or enhancing done to them prior (normally... I would have tried to enhance or make those photos better quality... but just trying to be quick with these tests).
- Photos were automatically sent over to the Photo app on my iMac (I love that the photos from my iPhone are synced to the Photos app on the iMac... that definitely makes it easy to grab photos to use in Final Cut Pro).
- YouTube thumbnail was created on the iMac using Photoshop from Adobe Creative Cloud subscription (http://bit.ly/2JFXiKW)
Other notes regarding this video
- Photo Booth and Final Cut Pro from yesterday's video: So... with the understanding that the Photo Booth app records video at 720x1080... (not 1920x1080)... it means that once I uploaded the video to Final Cut Pro X... a lot of the video was cut off. I decided in Day 2 to force Final Cut Pro to use and output the non-standard format (720x1080) which was definitely the wrong move. A host of issues came up and it's definitely just best to keep landscape video using standard sizes (1920x1080). The issue with that is that I don't like seeing the Photo Booth recording myself at a size that will eventually need to be cropped... but I likely really need to move off of using Photo Booth to record anyhow.
- Yeti USB Microphone: I used this video to help me get the microphone working correctly on my iMac: https://youtu.be/hLwTepFGi98
Thoughts to self on next video
- Umm.... it's 12:17 pm on Day 3 while writing this... which means... I need to plan and do everything related to today... Day 3... and yea... I still have no idea and haven't been able to think about it yet. =/
- Random note to remember or think about... I definitely want to think about YouTube titles... right now, I'm using this style: 30 Day Video Challenge: Day 1 (rambling about parking). But... I think that writing it this way might be better: Day 1 (rambling about parking) | 30 Day Video Challenge. I'll think about it some more and then figure it out... :)
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a small commission.